|Top speed||250 MPH|
|Kerb weight||1.7 tons|
|0-60 MPH||2.1 seconds|
"If its on the road, Eat it"
- The Shelby Mustang (Shelby/Smelly) was a high-performance variant of the Ford Mustang, built from 1965 through 1970.
- The classic blues song Mustang Sally was a hit for Wilson Pickett in 1966, known for its choral refrain of "All you want to do is ride around, Sally / Ride, Sally, ride." In the context of TDR, Sally has clearly been usurped by Smelly.
- The inspiration of this vehicle is a car belonging to the "Boss", or "King" of Burnouts, Gary Myers. The car in question is a 1964 Ford Mustang with a "black with flames" paintjob. It can be seen on his site.
- The vehicle also appears in the Tozzer comic. It is the second car to be commandeered by Max Damage after his Eagle MK4 is torn to shreds by army of the undead. He blames his Eagle's destruction on the mechanic hired to repair it earlier, but later spotting the Boss decides to use it as a substitute.
- The meaning of Smelly's short name (Spankme) is unknown. Other than the obvious, of course.