Most vehicles in Carmageddon have race numbers, used to designate entries in the race. Some drivers retain their race number between games, while others do not. Many race numbers include references to the driver's gimmick (for example, Wanda Lust's race number is 69, while Sawbones' is 911). For a breakdown of race numbers by game, see the following pages:
- Carmageddon & Splat Pack
- Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now
- Carmageddon: TDR 2000
- Carmageddon (PlayStation)
- Carmageddon 64
- Some vehicles do not have race numbers, most notably Mother Trucker's rig in Carmageddon II, and those driven by the Auto Scum.
- Some race numbers are repeated within games. For example; In Carmageddon, both Screwie Lewie and Agent Orange use the number 12, while in Carmageddon II, both Ashteroid and Moon Child use the number 37.
- The most common race number is 8 - six separate vehicles use this number within the four PC games.
- Perhaps surprisingly, there has never been a car designated #13. The Mach 13 uses this number in its name, but its race number is 101.
- The highest designation is 911, as used by Sawbones.
- The only non-integer race number is 34.5, as used by The Vulture.